Dear Dog Owner;
Thank you for your interest in the daycare program at Shoal Creek Animal Hospital and Lodge.
In daycare at Shoal Creek Animal Hospital and Lodge, your dog will constantly interact with both dogs and people. He/she will be placed in playgroups that are best suited to his or her personality and temperament. Our daycare areas are indoor (climate-controlled) as well as outdoor (weather permitting) environments providing exercise and entertainment while building social skills. Good behavior is reinforced and encouraged. All participants, over the age of 6 months old, are required to be spayed or neutered. To enroll your pet in daycare you will need to complete the following:
- Fill out the attached application
- Provide a current vaccination history from a licensed veterinarian including a yearly Rabies, Distemper, Heartworm Test, and Fecal Test. The Bordetella is required bi-annually.
Our daycare facility is open Monday through Friday from 7:00am-6:00pm and Saturdays from 7:00am-12:00pm. Overnight boarding is also available upon appointment. You may call our office at 816-476-4046 for more information.
We look forward to having your pet in our playgroup.
Kelsey Rutliff, Lodge Supervisor
Danyel Dampier, Lodge Supervisor
Meghan Zimmerman, Office Manager
Our guidelines are set forth to ensure the health and safety of all daycare participants:
- All dogs over 6 months of age must be spayed or neutered.
- All dogs must be current on vaccinations. Owners must have proof from a licensed veterinarian showing pet(s) are current on Rabies, Distemper, Bordetella, Heartworm Test, and Fecal Test. Bordetella is required bi-annually.
- All dogs must be free of flea and ticks. If external parasites are found, your pet will be isolated for the day and treated at your expense.
- All dogs must be in good health. Owners certify that their dog(s) are in good health and have not been ill with a communicable condition in the last 30 days. Upon admission, all dogs must be free of any condition that could potentially jeopardize other guests, including fleas or ticks. Dogs that have been ill with a communicable condition in the last 30 days will require veterinarian certification of health to be admitted or re-admitted.
- All dogs must be non-aggressive toward food and/or toys. Owners must certify that their dogs have not harmed or shown aggression toward any person and/or dog.
- If your pet(s) is found not to play well in daycare, you will be notified and your pet(s) will be placed in a large run for the day.
- The safety and health of our participants is our primary concern.
- If loose stool or diarrhea is noted while here, your pet will be removed from the group and you will be notified. A fecal with negative results may be required prior to being re-admitted to the daycare population.